LiveU is expanding its presence in Japan! This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the company’s growth as we set up our local office in Tokyo.
LiveU is the number one brand in Japan used by all the leading broadcasters, TV networks and top production companies. We also have a strategic partnership with NTT Docomo, Japan’s leading mobile operator, which uses LiveU technology as part of its value-added customer services over its 5G networks.
The position offers tremendous opportunities to grow locally and as part of the global LiveU team in one of LiveU’s major growth markets.
The Technical Services Expert is the key person assisting LiveU customers, partners, and employees to achieve their technical goals, solutions objectives, and common practice guidance. The Japan TSE ensures that LiveU products are tested and verified in Japan and comply with specific Japanese requirements and regulations. The TSE serves as the liaison between the customer-facing departments and R&D, streamlining collaboration with the R&D counterparts and Product Manager. The TSE gains a deep understanding of their selected technical domain by functionality, logs, and roadmap, to address customer escalated issues.
- Collect and provide specific requirements related to the Japanese market as input to LiveU product management and R&D
- Being a Subject Matter Expert for technical services provided by LiveU
- Lead strategic implementation projects
- Solve and manage escalated technical cases in a timely manner as defined in the group SLA to the complete satisfaction of the customer / partner
- Act as the go-to resource point for customer-facing roles to allow effective brainstorm and practical advice on technical challenges, including the ability to identify and suggest practices to suit the specific need
- Perform some local logistic coordination related to LiveU products
- Perform Quality Assurance activities relevant to the region: Basic HW testing, Modems/Firmware testing, new version acceptance test, etc.
- Perform certification-related activities for new Platforms (Modems Firmware, Wifi, etc.)
- 2-5 years experience in an HW & SW-based high-tech company
- Experience working in Linux
- Knowledge and experience with networking LAN/WAN environments and protocols
- Very strong problem-solving skills and dedication, and an ability to report accurately and in an organized fashion.
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple activities in parallel.
- Ability to clearly and efficiently document technical information.
- Excellent communication skills and service orientation
- Excellent English and Japanese speaking/writing skills
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Experience working in Cloud Operations – Preferred
- Experience with QA/QC procedures - Preferred
- Knowledge of programming (Python, Bash scripts) - preferred
- Knowledge of SalesForce (Case Entry/Tracking) – Preferred
If you fit the requirements above, please send your CV to: